Minister’s Alpha & Omega Prayer for Guidance
By Michael Mooney, Exec. Elder
- Almighty God, I call unto you the Alpha and the Omega, the one who exists outside of time: forever past, forever present, forever future (Rev 1:8). You existed before everything, and deserve all the glory, honor, and praise; because you are the creator of all things and sustain them for your pleasure (Col 1:16-17; Rev 4:11). Therefore; as the source and perfecter of my faith, the purpose of my life is to please you (Heb 12:2; Rev 4:11).
- For these reasons, great I AM, I am dependent upon you as the divine answer to any problem I face (Exo 3:14).
- I call out that I may find favor in your sight. Please show me your ways, that I may know you and continue to find favor in your sight (Exo 33:13). When my ways please you, even my enemies are ordered to be at peace with me (Pro 16:7).
- Father, my carnal heart is deceitful above all things; desperately sick to deceive me for sake of protecting my own will, and the foolish pride of my ego (Jer 17:9). I ask you to examine my thoughts. Reveal to me if I am on the wrong path. Lead me in everlasting truth (Psa 139:23-24).
- In my flesh, I can do nothing to please you or bring happiness even to myself. For my flesh leads only to idiocy, disappointment, regret, and frustration. (Ecclesiastes 7:12; Pro 16:25, 19:3; John 15:5).
- Only you can separate me from the legacy of simply being one more fool on the records of history. I ask and am fully dependent upon you to rescue me from the folly of my own foolishness (Pro 3:5-6, 4:7).
- Holy Spirit, you are my helper and my advantage (John 14:26). It is my joy to come to you, to soften my heart by your desires (Psa 34:4).
- The soul of my existence is before you. For even you keep records of me that even I do not care to know about myself (Luke 12:7; Psa 139).
- I ask for the guidance of your wisdom, knowing that you will give it to me generously without finding fault for my asking (Jas 1:5).
- I desire you to order my steps so that I may find favor in your sight. Therefore, I commit my path to you; entrusting that you will establish it (Psa 37:5, 23; Pro 16:1, 3, 9, 33).
- Make clear my path, and the doors which you are opening for me. For no man can open a door you close, nor close a door you open! (Rev 3:7).
- Confirm your leading in my spirit by the fruit of your peace -even if it occurs apart from my own understanding. (Mat 10:13; John 14:27; Rom 8:16; Php 4:7).
- I now rejoice in faith that you will order my steps (Psa 37:23-25). I take comfort in the assurance that you are in control of the outcome and are ever working all of it together for your sovereign goodness (Pro 16:9, 33; Rom 8:28).
- When I was born you were there, and when I die, even when I open my eyes in eternity, still you will be there!
To download a Free easy print copy, Click Here
If you want a commemorative issue seen below, Click Here